Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fresh Starts

I spent my entire mid-semester break last week trying to come up with a way of effectively fudging a research paper and getting a good grade. I failed. Not the grade, but the fudging part. I went back to school on Monday thinking I was gonna start over, work hard and put my 100% in after this. The fact that I had to hand in two papers which I hadn't produced completely thwarted my resolve. But today has proved that God is good after all. Prof. Para actually voluntarily gave us extra time to do our research paper since he is more interested in quality than ? (I don't know the word that goes there… suggestions?). Amazing. So I spoke to him and now I've got two fresh weeks to hand the paper in. It's going to be brilliant and ground-breaking. Really.

note: I'd like to apologize for and explain the misleading title: it refers to the five years (beginning on Monday 14th June 2008) I have been blessed (doomed) to spend acquiring a BA from the University of Peradeniya. I have chronicled (in fits and starts) the first two months of this experience of "University Life" at Scribbled Ramblings. That's dedicated to the Bleeding Pencil which only produces in pain and intense inspiration. This is for the normal ball-point pen, to prove my professor who called me "self-indulgent" in my writing wrong, and to stick to the resolution I made in my post last night.

Below are some of my previous posts on BleedingPencil which connect here:

Returning the RagDoll

First Steps

Initiation... Right.

No comments: